Being straight out of your first serious relationship or any relationship for that matter, your mind goes wild. All the thoughts can tear the sanest person apart. Being so vulnerable you can’t think straight, can’t eat, can’t sleep. Your mind goes a mile a minute all the Everyone has to find their way of coping with any situation. A way to let the mind process everything in your life as well as your mind. At times they can seem so different. Your mind is one thing, whereas your life seems completely different.
- When did everything go wrong; what were the signs?
- This is something everyone thinks, I’m sure like all these points. This one is number one for a reason. There is nothing you can do to erase this thought from your mind. This thought will hit you harder than life itself. It’s going to be okay. Trust me, those thoughts will come and go, but eventually you’re going to be better off without these thoughts. Are there bad moments? Yes, but one bad moment won’t change anything. Just like one good moment won’t make everything good again.
- What could I have done differently?
- There are so many things you could have done differently, the key word COULD have done. Looking back, it’s easy to pick yourself apart piece by piece, however, that won’t get you anywhere. Don’t pick yourself apart so much that you lose yourself and your strength. What will get you past this is thinking of all the things you did for them and knowing THEY are missing out. Now they have the hard task of finding someone as awesome as you!
- Will he love someone more than me?
- This was a hard one for me to get past. I really started to believe everyone loves each other differently. You will love someone again and so will they, but that doesn’t change the things you each shared with each other. It’s going to be hard knowing they’re with someone else, but your ex will never feel for them what they felt for you. It’s not as cut and dried as “do they love someone more than me?” Love is always complicated. That’s why it is so exciting.
- Will he forget about the time we spent together?
- I can’t say it’s the same for everyone out there, what I can tell you, the chances are slim. You can’t forget the time you’ve spent with anyone. Plain and simple. Especially someone you once loved.
- Does he regret the decision he made?
- That’s one thing that makes breaking up so hard, you’ll never know. All the unknown that goes along with it. I can tell you that you won’t. Eventually you will thank them for everything they have done to you. It’s slowly making you a stronger person. That’s all you can hope for, is to come out in the end stronger than before and learn from everything that has happened to you.
- Can he please just CALL ALREADY!
- It seems like an easy fix it, right? If he would just call and everything will go back to the way it was? It might seem like a fairy tale at first, but when the butterflies settle and the “relationship” starts to take effect you’re going to worry. You’re always going to wonder if they will hurt you again, if they will change their mind, if you’re good enough for them. Thoughts like that will rip you apart. You will become a version of yourself that you will slowly loathe. You will lose your confidence. That’s something you can’t afford to lose
At the end of it, I promise you, you’ll come out 10 times stronger. Don’t take them back. Think of all the other amazing people out there that are worth your time. If you take them back you could be missing out on something better.